A Compassion Space to Heal, Grow & Celebrate the Joy of Existence

Dedicated to Our Founder Sri Raj Bhowmik

'The World is yet to know about You. We take Your Message and Your Essence through this platform.'

To Know more about Sri Raj Bhowmik
Read More

Friday 28 October 2011

Awareness through the Body: Understanding & Listening to the Body


How my illness transformed my life.

One fine day I was found to have Tuberculosis. My ground slipped away. It was a big blow as I was only 35, ate only organic and unrefined food, had already completed my counselor's course in SPF. Everything according to me was perfect. 

It took almost a week for me to accept the illness and  was willing to take charge. First I understood that my body is asking me to slowdown. Once I decided to slow down, it sank in me physically and mentally. I let go off many things.

One month went off without major incidents except for sudden depression or occasional self pity. One fine day my fatigue led to self pity and this led to a fight. I was asked to leave the house in the middle of the night. when I stood outside my locked door something suddenly changed. I saw myself in square one. How much ever I tried to change, a  small part of me is refusing to change. I know only a troubled life. I am so used to that life.

 I told myself that everything is going to be fine only when I wanted to change my current life. Immediately I dropped all my past memories. I was born new. I went to the terrace and started admiring the stars. In 5 minutes, my husband came looking for me. He looked agitated and tensed armed with his cellphone and car keys. He was equipped to handle emergency situation. But I was totally calm. My calmness conquered him too.

Its more than a month from that incident. My current life is the opposite of my old life...

With respect to my Husband (same husband), He now address me with all cute words, we have very small conversations but communicate a lot, he now also shares his dreams with me.

With respect to my children (11yr old girl and 8yr old boy), they have become more responsible and independent. One day when I was too tired they both made dinner for me. They fight less among themselves.

2 months back, I never thought my life will transform for good. I can only thank Tuberculosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment